Return to IU Libraries website
Five rooms in the Scholars' Commons (1st floor, East Tower, Wells Library) may be reserved by Bloomington faculty, graduate students and staff during academic terms. Rooms may be booked Mon-Thurs, 8a-7p and Friday 8a-5p; they are available on a first-come, first-served basis during all other times.
Four consultation rooms have capacity for 8 people, conference table, and collaborative technology.
One consultation room has capacity for 5 people, conference table, and collaborative technology.
Additional rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis:
Additional Policy Information:
- Priority Use is reserved for IU Libraries and Collaborative Partners.
- Rooms are intended for collaborative group study, not for course instruction, office hours, or events.
- IUB Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Students may schedule rooms:
- Up to three weeks in advance, but no less than 24 hours in advance
- for a maximum of 3 times per week; and
- for a maximum of 2 hours for use by faculty, staff, and graduate students
- Room reservations must be made using your primary IU email address exactly as listed in the IU Address Book. Reservations from other or non-IU email addresses will not be approved.
- Undergraduates working on research projects with a faculty sponsor may ask that their sponsor book a room on their behalf. The faculty member will be responsible for booking the room, providing the names of the students using the room, and the topic/title of their research project. The faculty member overseeing the project will be held accountable for any damage to the room or misconduct by the students while using the room.
- Patrons without a reservation will be asked to vacate the room in the event another individual or group has the room scheduled, whether it is listed on the print schedule or online.
- You will receive a confirmation email with room number and reservation date/time.